By the end of the SAE Certificate Course in Live Sound Engineering, students will understand the principles of sound, acoustic and electronic instruments and the levels they create, as well as the equipment that can be used in a live performance.
Lecturer: Radu Layer-Dobra
The Live Sound Engineering Certificate Course combines all the key elements plus additional topics that will get you to being a real sound engineer. The course includes essential in-depth theory on the principles of sound, acoustics and gain structure, but also will explain all there is to know about the equipment, components and settings you should use. There is in-depth training on patching in and using the mixing desk, understanding and using EQ, Grouping, and Routing, Using the matrix and recording a live mix. Students will also learn about setting and creating monitor mixes show, how to conquer feedback and use a variety of ringing out techniques.
We are proud to announce as our strategic partner for this class Loud Music Romania. You find more about their activity and they're most valuable role in the sound industry scene by accessing this following link.
By the end of the SAE Certificate Course in Live Sound Engineering, students will understand the principles of sound (what it is, how it is made up, its means of measurement), acoustic and electronic instruments and the levels they create, as well as the equipment that can be used in a live performance (Mics, Mixers, Amplifiers, Speakers, Gates, Compressors, Effects Processors, Equalizers), Mixing desks, front of house and monitor mixing. Moreover, students will be introduced to various types of speaker systems – including setting up and their application, will learn how the equipment is connected together and the connections used and gain structure, EQ and signal routing.
• General understanding of how the Live Sound industry works, which are the departments involved, the corect positioning within a team, the right attitute to perform both with the team and the artist or band involved
• Show Advancing - Necessary details in order to proceed with a show: technic rider/channel list/stage plot
• Gain Staging - Practical sessions based on previous multitrack sessions. How to choose a mic, how to position a mic, how to send audio to monitors, line patching.
• Monitor Mix - Ringing out monitors & how to create monitor mixes
• Mix FOH - Mixing techniques, Line check, Sound system check
• Audio System placement techniques - calibrating PA, Time allignment, PA filter correction
SAE Certificate Live Sound Engineering
Note: There are no academic requirements to participate in this Certificate program. The only entry requirement is for the participant to be at least 18 years of age upon commencement of the course.